Answer: we’ll take all the sugar we can get!
There’s a chill in the air which means baking season is right around the corner. Did you know the Soup Kitchen of Muncie accepts donations of baking supplies? In fact, we need these items year-round.
We have to buy sugar, oil, and corn starch ourselves, since these items rarely get donated. That gets expensive on our budget, so we need your help to ensure we always have these ingredients on hand to help feed our guests. You can do several small, easy-to-do things that make a big impact to us. Please consider us when you’re grocery shopping or planning a food drive with your team, scouts group, or company.
Ways to Help
- Donate sugar, oil, and corn starch. If you find a good deal on one of these kitchen essentials, throw a couple into your cart for us. Adding an extra bag of sugar to your cart is an easy, inexpensive way to help out.
- Put your Costco or Sam’s Club membership to good use: buy bulk, parcel out what you need, and donate any extra to us.
- Host a “bakery drive.” If your group is planning a canned food drive, theme it towards baking essentials.
- Let us know about “can’t miss” sales! If there’s an amazing deal, give us a call or send a message with the details.
- Make a monetary donation. Every cent helps keep our kitchen stocked and guests fed.
You can call the kitchen any time between 7:00 – 11:00 AM on Monday through Friday. Let us know what you have for us and we’ll tell you what to do next.
This is Part Three in a series on Ways to Give. Stay tuned to learn more ways you can support our mission. Even if you aren’t able to make a financial contribution, sharing this post helps us.